Therapeutic & DEVELOPMENT
Therapeutic & Development
At Original Wild we know just how important spending time outdoors is for our mental and physical health and how it can be used for personal development.
The work starts before heading outdoors. We work with you beforehand to find out what you or your group are looking for – outcomes and timeframe, to come up with a bespoke programme.
Some of the things we look at:
- Self awareness
- Problem solving
Our programmes can include these activities and more:
- Bushcraft – fire lighting, cooking, tool use, woodland management, shelters and more.
- Forest bathing – a process of relaxing in a woodland by slowing down and really taking in what’s around you.
- Walking – locally or further afield, from the Cotswold Way to the top of any mountain in the UK.
- Archery – steady yourself to aim for the target, great at helping people focus.
- Paddleboarding – get close to the water, improve balance, relax, and have fun.
- Kayaking – work by yourself or with a partner to navigate your craft along the river.
- Overnight stays – from local campsites, to bunkhouses in Wales.
To get people outside to improve wellbeing and increase and enhance personal skills (resilience, teamwork, self awareness, problem solving, self esteem, risk assessing and so much more!).
Spending time outdoors is so good for us, it’s only recently that we live indoors, our brains developed whilst we lived outside so we actually feel more relaxed when in nature. Our bodies and genes were made to be adapted to nature.
Connecting people back to nature and wild places is so important – to inspire them to spend more time outdoors and want to look after these special places, to assess their comfort zone, to help them look inward, to progress, and to encourage change.
We run 1 to 1 or groups sessions. Our team are experienced in working with a variety of people, from young to old, from disadvantaged explorers to those who haven’t yet realised the benefits of being outdoors.
We work with individuals, charities, education settings, local authorities, businesses… basically anyone!
We work in a variety of locations – beautiful woods, hills, mountains and rivers, we can base ourselves from one or multiple locations, or go on a journey.
Sessions can take place in and around Bath or further afield depending on your requirements.
Transport can also be supplied.
These immersive experiences are aimed to be regular, for a better understanding of oneself and the outdoors and to grow a sense of ownership.
Weekly or monthly are best but one-offs can work too.
Highly qualified and experienced staff
All safety equipment provided including group first aid kit
Photographs can be taken during the activity
Lunch can be included
Transport can be provided
We cater for everyone, just ask!