Therapeutic & DEVELOPMENT groups
Therapeutic & Development Groups
Here at Original Wild we know just how important spending time outdoors is for our mental and physical health and how it can be used for personal development.
The work starts before heading outdoors. We work with you beforehand to find out what you or your group are looking for – outcomes and timeframe, to come up with a bespoke adventure programme.
Our programmes can include these activities:
- Bushcraft – fire lighting, cooking, tool use, navigation, woodland management, shelters and more!
- Forest bathing – the process of relaxing whilst spending time in nature by slowing down and taking in what’s around you.
- Walking – locally or further afield, from the Cotswold Way to the top of any mountain in the UK.
- Stand up paddle boarding – get close to the water in this activity which helps improve balance, is relaxing, and super fun!
- Kayaking – work with a partner to navigate your craft along the river.
- Overnight stays – from bunkhouses to camping out in the middle of nowhere.
To get people outside more to improve wellbeing and increase and enhance personal skills (resilience, teamwork, self awareness, problem solving, self esteem, risk assessing and so much more!).
Spending time outdoors is so good for us, our brains developed whilst we lived outside and it’s only recently that we live indoors. Our bodies and genes were made to be adapted to nature. Connecting people back to nature and wild places is so important – to inspire them to spend more time outdoors and want to look after these special places, to assess their comfort zone, to help them look inward, to progress and to encourage change.
We can run 1 to 1 or groups sessions. Our team are experienced in working with a variety of people, from young to old, from disadvantaged explorers to those who just want to come and have fun.
We work with individuals, charities, education settings, local authorities, businesses… basically anyone!
We work in a variety of locations – beautiful woods, hills, mountains and rivers, we can base ourselves from one or multiple locations, or go on a journey. We can also supply transport.
These immersive experiences are aimed to be regular, for a better understanding of oneself and the outdoors and to grow a sense of ownership. Weekly or monthly are best but one-offs can work too.
Highly qualified and experienced staff
Professional and high quality instruction and equipment
All safety equipment provided including group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
Photographs can be taken during the activity
Lunch can be included
Transport can be provided
We cater for everyone, just ask!