Kayak by night
What is Kayak by Night?
Simply put, our Kayak by Night sessions are for those wanting to experience the ambient sights of central Bath after sun-down. From our exclusive launching site on the River Avon, your instructor will meet and greet the group, kit you up in all the necessary safety gear and run through a quick brief on the waters edge.
From here you will paddle upstream whilst the natural sun light fades and reveals Bath city in all its moon-lit glory. Your journey will take you towards the centre of Bath in tandem sit-on-top kayaks. Witness the wildlife of dusk and say hello to those who only show up after dark!
Our tandem kayaks seat two people each so don’t worry if you can’t persuade your friend or partner to join – you’ll always make new friends on the water!
We keep our groups small for these sessions with a max ratio of 8:1 customer to instructor. Photographs will be taken during the session and uploaded to our website ready for you to download the next day.
- Full kayak equipment including paddle
- High quality buoyancy aids for all kayakers
- Quality clothing provided – wetsuit trousers and windproof jackets available free of charge
- Evening tour from one of our highly qualified and experienced kayak and adventure guides
- Group first aid kit with qualified first aiders
- All guides have excellent local knowledge
- Photographs taken during the activity
WHAT TO BRING
We run our Kayak by Night sessions in central Bath starting from Bath Riverside next to Victoria Bridge. Please see the map below.